Friday, February 20, 2009

dolce & gabbana



Okay, I give up. It is time for me to get healthy, exercise, diet, whatever. It seems like everyone, every commercial, every grocery store isle, is screaming at me to get in shape. So my hubby and I have finally given in to the peer pressure, and decided to exercise and eat better. However, there is one little problem......I LOVE COCA-COLA!!!! I've been drinking it all my life (except for sophomore year of high school when I talked my parents into paying me $100 for NOT drinking any carbonated beverages all year, which I am proud to say I accomplished and in retrospect should have asked for more money because it was VERY difficult).

And I should mention that I'm a drifter between Coke and Pepsi depending on my mood, although my family is truly loyal to the Coke brand. In fact, when Coke goes on sale at the local grocery store my entire family comes together for what I like to call the "Coke Exodus". Typically the grocery store limits the number of boxes per person per purchase, so we get a large group together and make several trips through the checkout. Yeah, we know we're crazy.

So basically, drinking the brown, syrup-y goodness is somewhat of a problem for me and my new health kick, seeing that it adds a lot of calories to my recommended daily allowances, but I've found the perfect solution.......the Dolce & Gabbana!!!!!!! It is Diet Coke (which I don't love) mixed with 1 or 2 teaspoons of grenadine (which I do love), and it is low on calories but big on yummy cherry taste. After doing a little "research" on Wikipedia, I found out that it's called a Dolce & Gabbana because of the initials for Diet Coke & grenadine. I also like the typical lemon or lime squeeze, but grenadine is by far my fave. Anyway, it is my new love.

Now, let's get down to business.......have you seen the new American Crafts puffy thickers?



This is from their new line called "Backyard" and the thickers are just so fun. There are some sample layouts on their blog featuring the fun new scripts, love. And they have cute new felt embellies for their Details line that are so fun.

Oh and the new Jenni Bowlin chipboard buttons are adorable. Here is one of my faves from Jenni's blog


And I wish I could get a pair of these for 90% off. Love them, so cute.

xoxo,
Spud

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Oh the Coke obsession. Good luck with that. And I love the shoes. Anthropologie is one of my fav stores - the sale room of course! Love ya!

February 20, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home